Out of ICU again!
Yes kids, dad's back out of ICU. They moved him down yesterday, and from what mom tells me, things are going quite well. His blood levels are still all right, and they've got him out of bed for an hour or so each day. He's still getting dialysis from what we know, but doing well otherwise. I guess they had to put his feeding tube back in, as dad just isn't feeling hungry yet (a month without a real meal - I can't imagine!).
Poor mom - I wish I could be closer to help her with the house as she gets it in shape for sale, hopefully sometime this next month. She's barely been home in the last three months. First, almost a month in Warman with Kim and the kids, then a couple weeks back and forth with dad for tests, etc, and now this last month spent in and out of hospitals. And now to be home and have to pack stuff up and paint and get ready to move. She's decided that when the house sells, she'll buy them a little place in Regina. It's cheaper than Winnipeg, and just as far as living in Swan, but with a much larger support network for her. Plus, hopefully once she's considered a SK resident, they'll be able to transfer dad to a hospital in Regina. Until that, it'll be more back and forth between wherever-she's-living and Winnipeg. Bah.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home