Another day in ICU...
Sorry for not posting last night... I was frustrated, tired, and well, didn't have much to report.
I've talked to mom and dad's nurse today... Dad's still in ICU, but they're thinking of moving him back down to step-down tomorrow. Between his blood levels (still quite low, but not needing another transfusion - yet) and the antibiotics, he'll probably be kept up there for another day or two. The ventilator's out again, but he's still getting dialysis, pretty much on a daily basis... I guess they're looking at keeping him at three days/week, so he won't be leaving HSC anytime soon. Boo :( They had the hematologist up today to try and work out a compromise with the blood thinners, etc. If he gets too much, he bleeds internally, if he doesn't get them, he clots. It's always something.
Dad's getting very frustrated and angry with the whole situation too. He's so used to being in control of everything, that it's really hard for him to not control anything. And I can see why he's frustrated - he had such faith that things would go well, and that he'd be back home in no time, and well, it's not going that way. He's taking out his anger and frustration on mom, as if it's been a bed of friggin roses for her. Not.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home