Thursday, April 13, 2006

"What about me???"

These were dad's parting "words" (without sound) today as mom and I told him we were going home for the day. So heartbreaking. I talked to the nurse to see what she had to say, and she really couldn't say much. They're doing more hemodialysis tonight, and he's still ventilated, and still on the IV blood pressure meds. Once he is off the ventilator and IV meds, he'll be out of ICU.

The poor man is bloated, grumpy, frustrated, can't talk, can barely see (glasses are locked up for some reason). It's such a sin. Plus he was pissed at mom and I today, as we had finally got a hold of a lawyer to get a power of attorney drawn up for his situation. He was grumpy when he realized what he was "leaving his mark" on, but it had to be done. For peace of mind, if nothing else.

I'm still hesitant to go home on Sunday. I'd feel better if he was out of ICU, but I can't wait here forever. They should make better "becoming an adult" pamphlets, because this sure as hell isn't what I signed up for. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home