Friday, April 07, 2006

Oh what a day.

Let's see, where to begin. Around 3 pm, the fire alarm went off in our office tower (10 floors). As they usually send memos when there's going to be a firedrill, we ignored it for a few minutes (had to be a mistake), and then realized they really wanted us out. So we all grumbled, grabbed jackets and purses (and the backup), and out we went. Well lo and behold - it was a bomb scare! Someone dropped a mysterious package up on the 8th floor of the building, and they had to evacuate. Turned out to be a gift. Niiiiiiice. We were out of the office for almost an hour - stood around chatting, then checked out the bargain shop across the street. Oh the fun :P

Then once I'm home, I started checking my bank account, to see if my student loan payment had come out today as scheduled. It didn't. Then I look a bit harder, and realize it hadn't come out since the end of February. Grrr. So I spent 20 minutes on the phone talking to some dumbass who kept repeating what I told her, but wouldn't look any farther into it. Turned out when I called to make sure things were ok with the account in February (because I've had problems with it since November), the agent changed something she shouldn't have, and didn't send it for approval, effectively cancelling the payments. Oh my god, so mad. SO. MAD. So the woman's sending a request to take the catch-up payments out of my account on Monday. The money better be gone, or by God, there'll be hell to pay. Rawr!

In the midst of all this, I was trying to call the hospital to talk to dad. First he's sleeping, and I'll give him that. I mean, he is recovering from surgery. Then they've got him down in x-ray. Wha? X-ray?? Ugh. So I'll try and call tomorrow. Mom's spoken to him today, and other than his bowels/bladder not working properly, he's doing better. Blood loss seems to have slowed or stopped, vitals are good. Just the elimination functions to work on, and we'll be good to go. He probably won't be in Dauphin yet for a while - hopefully by Easter? Hard to say. Wish we could get more answers. It's all just so frustrating. Bah.

I'm going for a haircut tomorrow. Hopefully that will lift my spirits - something's got to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home