Monday, monday...
Had a busy day today... had to go back to work, and being tax season, I didn't know what that would mean for stuff on my desk, but it wasn't too bad. Thank God. I would've crawled in a hole, otherwise. Kinda nice to be back, sitting there, doing something useful, instead of being at the hospital. Both places cause mental drain, but at least at work it's because I'm using my mind, not losing it.
ANYWAY. Sounds like mom and Ann made it home all right. A little bit of rain, but nothing horrid. I talked to dad's nurse this evening, and sounds like things are going well at the hospital too. He had another round of dialysis, and she predicts maybe one or two more rounds to drain fluid, and possibly more dialysis after (not hemo-) to help the kidneys recover from the sepsys. Hopefully it won't be a forever thing... But the dialysis was helping with dad's oxygenation - he was down to nasal prongs, instead of the hated mask. Woohoo! He still has a bit of a temp, but she wasn't too worried.. She also mentioned that they're going to do a follow up CT scan tomorrow, to check for any abdominal infections, etc (lingering or otherwise). I think I got more information in a 5 minute phone call than I got in a week sitting at the hospital, talking to the nurses. Figures.
So that's where things are at. She didn't mention moving dad to step-down, but I figure if the oxygenation is still good and the CT looks good he may be moved down tomorrow. We can hope, anyway.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home