Saturday, April 15, 2006

Long day...

I'll start with the good news. Dad has been taken off the ventilator, and the IV blood pressure meds. Wooo! These are the requirements for him to move out of ICU and into the step down unit.

Otherwise, it was just a long, long, long day. Aunt Deb and I went shopping in the morning, and then we went to the hospital. We were in to see dad for like 5 minutes, and then we were shooed out for a "few minutes" so they could do an xray and change his position, and then it turned out we couldn't get back to see him for over an hour!!! "oh, 20 more minutes" then "another 30 minutes...". Mom and I were starting to get really antsy and frustrated with the staff, didn't know what was going on. We didn't know if they'd put the tube back in his throat or what, but we were imagining the worst (of course). Turns out they were just changing an IV thingy, and prepping him for another round of dialysis. But they could've told us that, instead of us thinking the worst. Ah well.

But the tube is out, and dad was able to talk a bit, which was good to hear. He asked when I have to go to the airport, and I explained that I have to leave tomorrow morning. I then apologized to him for having to leave again, and he said to me "I understand.." and patted my hand. It was so sweet. And so sad. I hate having to leave, but I'm so friggin tired emotionally I can't handle it any longer. I jumped down Jamie's throat when he called earlier (then I called back to apologize), and I'm short with everone, and I hate it. Gah. At least dad's doing a bit better and is out of the woods now. Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home