"I'm leaving on a jet plane...
...don't know when I'll be back again. Oh babe, I hate to go..."
So, it's the last day of my impromptu prairie visit. Totally mixed feelings, but I would say that's to be expected. I haven't broken down yet, but I'm sure that will happen sooner or later.
I spent a few hours with dad today, and things are looking up. He's drinking "real" fluids now - some juice, some tea, and the internal bleed seems to have clotted. His oxygen and blood pressure are normal (for him) - the nurse is thinking it'll be a good idea to get him back on his blood pressure meds now that there doesn't seem to be any more bleeding. I spoke with one of his doctors today, and they're going to try and make it a goal to get dad back to Dauphin by the weekend. That'll be great for him, as it's only 2 hours from mom, so much easier to get down there for visits. One of mom's friends is going to come up to stay with her probably next week, so it'll be good for her to have a friend to talk to, and to help keep her sane.
I called and postponed our appt. at the IWK clinic today. Even though I'll be home and everything, after taking almost 2 weeks off work, the last thing I felt I should do is take off another morning, y'know? I'll reschedule it next month. Y'know, after my next trip. Never a dull moment, that's for sure.
Well, I should run here. Gotta catch a plane in a couple of hours, and I hope to get a nap in before my friends get home here. 7 hours in TO airport. I can barely contain my excitement. Oy :P
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home