Sunday, April 02, 2006

"I don't know who, when, or how they managed...

...but it feels like I've been kicked in the balls." Yes folks, a direct quote from my dad this morning :) Needless to say he's feeling a bit better. And looking better. He actually had enough energy to play a game of crib with me today, too. Granted, all he had to do was hold and count his cards. I shuffled, dealt and pegged for both of us, but still. His vitals were excellent - blood oxygen levels were normal for the whole 4 hours I spent with him, hemoglobin levels are rising (slowly), and we think the internal bleeding may have subsided. Woo!

I hope to have an appointment with his doctors tomorrow to kind of get a grip on where everything is with respect to his situation. Mom and Kim drove back up to Swan River today, so it'll just be me. The brave face of the Hofstatter clan. Eeek. George the nurse knows I'm leaving tomorrow night, so I want to know as much as possible before I leave him there.

Ugh, I'm going to be such a mess tomorrow when I say goodbye. I"m tearing up thinking about it. This will not be pretty... As much as I miss my husband, my furkids and Halifax, I can't bear the thought of leaving him in the friggin ICU step-down unit with no one there. I know it was hard for mom to leave, but she can come back to wherever he needs her to be, I won't have that "luxury". It's times like these when I don't just wish I was closer to them geographically, but when I need to be closer to them. It didn't use to bother me (much) that I was so far away, but as I get older, they do too. The older we all get, the harder it gets to be away. But I chose to make my life in Halifax, and so now I need to face the consequences. Blargh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home