Another day in ICU...
Well, things are going all right. There's still some internal bleeding, and his hemoglobin was low today, so they gave him another 2 units of blood. He was alert and tryin to crack jokes, so that was a good sign. His pain is being managed with morphine. The nurse says he's being "brave" and not asking for meds when he needs it, so George (nurse) is keeping an eye on that. He said that dad's condition is "serious but stable" so it's not totally encouraging, but I guess it could be worse, right?
If all is well with dad tomorrow, Mom and Kim plan to leave Winnipeg around 11am, and should be in Swan by about 7pm. I'll be the in town contact until Monday, then hopefully he'll be back to Dauphin soon, where it's easier for mom to get down to see him.
I switched my flight today. I fly out around8:30 on Monday night, and get into Hfx at 10am on tuesday. It only cost me $32, so that was well worth it. This way I can spend most of tomorrow and Monday at the hospital, and speak with dr's, etc. It's going to be So. Hard. to leave the hospital, hell - Winnipeg, on Monday. UGH, I can't even think about it yet.
Ah well. that's all the news we've got for now.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home