Still in ICU...
As I mentioned yesterday, dad was moved to ICU last night. Turns out he's got a little blood clot in each lung. They've got him on blood thinners, but he's still losing blood from the surgery, so they're trying to balance things out. He looks better, and is much more alert, but they're still keeping a close eye on him. If the thinners don't work, they could send him to Winnipeg for the day to put a little filter thingy in the veins to help dissolve them. Still not sure what the course of action will be.
We're staying here in Dauphin tonight (were supposed to go up to mom's), and will probably trudge home tomorrow. I have to fly out on sunday, and so still have to make it back to Regina in the meantime. Ugh. I'm so conflicted though. I want to stay and help and just be here for mom and dad, but know I have to go back home to my life. I just want to break down and cry, but I'm tryin to stay strong at the same time. Blargh.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home