Greetings from Winnipeg...
Kim and I left Dauphin this morning, and headed to Winnipeg. We made it to the Health Sciences Centre around 1:30, and went up to see dad (once we figured out where the HELL we were going in that zoo! Helps to walk in the right door, Michelle... ). He's looking much better - good color, some sense of humor back, alert, etc. They've got him stabilized, stopped the internal bleeding, and inserted a filter thingy in each of his major leg arteries. He'll be in Winnipeg for observation until at least Monday, but at least he's being taken care of.
Mom and Kim are staying with Mom's friend Ann, and I'm staying with my good friend Sheila, her husband Earl and their furkid, Boo. It was nice to hang with friends tonight, just go for dinner, and relax in a city I really do love. If all goes well, mom, Kim and I will leave Wpg on Sunday and head our own ways. Mom and Kim to Dauphin-Swan River, and me to Halifax. If Air Canada gives me any gruff about switching my ticket for a flight I've already got a seat on I'll say "fork you" and fly out on Monday when it's cheap again. If dad's condition gets worse again, I guess I'll be sticking around for a few more days.
We all feel better, because we can tell dad's feeling better. Hopefully he'll continue to feel better tomorrow and Sunday, and will be back in Dauphin soon. Get well, daddy...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home